Stan is running for re-election to the City Council because he cares about the future of Salt Lake City, and more specifically, about the future of the city's lifeblood, its neighborhoods. Here's some of what Stan has accomplished in his first four years:
- Advocate for the wise allocation of the City's limited resources.
- Spearheaded funding for the development of Marmalade branch library and mixed-use development
- Supported changes to allow zoning rules to limit surface parking lots downtown
- Supported changes to allow more neighborhood restaurants, bars and pubs.
- Led efforts to change zoning rules to limit surface parking lots downtown.
- Strongly supports the City's alternative transportation programs, including more bike lanes and the GreenBike program.
You know Stan, but here's a brief refresher:
- Longtime resident Salt Lake City and District 3.
- Former chairperson of the Greater Avenues Community Council.
- Has a deep understanding of neighborhood issues - planning and zoning, traffic, historic preservation, parks and open space, public safety
- Is dedicated to public service. Executive Director of the Utah AIDS Foundation since 1999.
- Values and respects District 3's wide diversity of people, ethnicities, ages, interests, beliefs, occupations, income levels
- Is progressive, pragmatic and fair. Honors the nonpartisan structure and tradition of City government
As you can see, Stan shares District 3 values, is well-qualified to continue to serve and will continue to make significant contributions to the City Council.
Please ensure that we have experienced, pragmatic, progressive and fair leadership for our neighborhoods by supporting Stan Penfold for re-election to the Salt Lake City Council.